Institute of World Peace Development
|Founder and Director||Phramaha Vudhijaya Vajiramedhi [V.Vajiramedhi] |
|Address||7/9 Soi 37 Arun-Amarin Rd., Bangkoknoi Bangkok 10700 Thailand|
|History||Phramaha Vudhijaya Vajiramedhi [V.Vajiramedhi] wishes to see peace in this world, a world without wars or killing. Mankind can live together and is bonded together as brothers. People in every country can live together in harmony. Civilizations in every part of the world are mainly created for sustainable peace. Humans of every race can live together peacefully and with best wishes for one another as well as all living things, natural resources, nature, environment and the world. In order to fulfill this goal, Vimuttayalaya Institute was founded as an academic institute to develop world peace on 31th May 2007, Visakhabhucha Day.|
|Philosophy:||“No happiness is greater than peace.”|
|Vision||“Individual peace is world peace.”|
1. To promote studies, research, and the development on Buddhism Studies to become the source of knowledge for humanity.
2. To promote the practice of meditation to build a foundation for creating long and lasting peace.
3. To adapt Buddhist teachings into the solutions for solving social and environmental problems in Thailand as well as those of humanity and the world in a contemporary way.
4. To propagate Buddhist teachings using different strategic approaches.
5. To exchange knowledge and overcome conflicts between Buddhist sects and between different religions.
6. To free mankind from the feelings of greed (desire), anger (violence), and blind faith (from the lack of education).
7. To create a community of awakened, mindful, and righteous group of dedicated individuals working toward peace for mankind.
You can help promote world peace and goodwill by:
1.) Becoming Dharma Volunteers who are pleased to serve others, for example, recording Dharma audio books, transcribing Dharma lectures, making Dharma cloth bags, editing audio recordings of Dharma lectures, making manuscripts of Dharma texts to give away, creating radio programs, television programs, lecturing on Dharma issues, volunteering to spread Dharma in various ways, etc.
2.) Participating in activities of the Institute such as, Kilesa Management Course, Adopt a Buddhist Novice Program, project to educate monks and novices. Lunch for Monks and Novice Program, etc.
3.) Donating to the “ Free Dharma books and CD” Fund
4.) Donating to the “Virtue of Wisdom” Fund for monks and novices in Buddhist schools and colleges in Thailand and abroad.
5.) Making donation on your birthday in “ My birthday is the day to share happiness with others” Project (Your donation will be used to produce free Dharma books, CDs, postcards, T-shirts to give away, offering lunch for monks and novices or any other activities to give others a better life.)
6.) Donating to the “Showing Gratitude for Your Parents” Project. You can help promote Dharma books and Dharma CDs on the subject of “Nobody can be compared to my parents”. This project aims to encourage in children and youth the feeling of gratitude towards their parents.
For more information, please contact 7/9 Soi 37 Arun-Amarin Rd Bangkoknoi Bangkok 10700 Thailand
Telephone : 0-2422-9123, 08-1889-0010, 08-7080-7779, 08-9893-2136
Fax : 02-422-9128
Email : อีเมลนี้จะถูกป้องกันจากสแปมบอท แต่คุณต้องเปิดการใช้งานจาวาสคริปก่อน
Website : Vimuttayalaya.net ,Dhammatoday.com